Central Nebraska Veterans' Home
Nursing Assistant/Med Aide
- Examples of Work
- Provide quality care for each member to maintain quality of life. Maintain dignity and confidentiality of members. Perform routine nursing duties in the general care of elderly members in the Veterans Home. Prepare, administer and document oral and topical medications and treatments.
- Qualifications / Requirements
- REQUIREMENTS: Be at least 18 years of age, completed a state approved 76 hour nurse aide training course and competency evaluation program, and be listed on the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
OTHER: A pre-employment background check and drug screen are also required. Hired candidates must successfully complete the Medication Aide course and be listed on the Medication Aide within first year of employment.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally and push/pull occasionally up to 75 lbs on a daily basis. Ability to frequently bend at the waist and neck and frequently twist at the waist and walk or stand up to 90% of the shift. Ability to interact with members and others in a positive manner and be flexible to meet changing demands of the job.